Monday, October 4, 2010

Goings On

Several things.

Journey to The Ancient City in its permanent home. Amber Sparks did such a great job with this. It’s so cool because it’s not so much an editor’s aesthetic as it is the project’s aesthetic. Great writing abounds.

My story “Bad Hands” is out in Coal City Review #26. Thanks to Mary Wharff for giving this story such an excellent home.

And a huge thank you goes out to the anonymous and extraordinary folks at > kill author for nominating my story ”My Father Believes” for Best of the Net. This is my first nomination for anything writing related and for it to come from one of my absolute favorite journals is just incredible and so frickin’ exciting. And, adding to the good news, the wonderfully talented and cool Jason Jordan was also nominated by > kill author for his piece ”Do Not Let Them Take You”, a creepy, marvelous story that you should read right now if you haven’t yet.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Alan. The first of many. I'm happy for Jason, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, congrats Alan! Thanks for the shout-out. Funnily enough, this is where I learned of my nomination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ethel!

    And, Jason, here at "It Ain't What You Write..." we aim to print only the most breaking of news.

    ReplyDelete